Hey there! Welcome to the start of another week, and a new month! I hope this week treats you well. I’m off today, the last day of my mini vacation. I plan to work on a card for the new Pinkfresh Studio March challenge (maybe, if I make it earlier in the month, I won’t miss the deadline this time…). I was going to work on a studio tour, but I ordered a couple more organization pieces, so I’ll wait until this coming weekend. I am loving the changes to my studio!
Ok, enough rambling. The purpose of today’s post is to share the card I made for Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday challenge. This week, the theme is Anything Goes, and the company focus is Impression Obsession. Sadly, I only have one stamp from Impression Obsession. I thought I had more, but I must have purged them last year. However, it just so happens that the one stamp is one of my favorite sentiments. Let me show you.
This card came about very much in a Nicole fashion. I started out by stamping the sentiment on a panel of Distress Watercolor cardstock with Versamark ink, and then heat embossed it with Gina K clear powder. I planned to do an emboss resit the whole time, but wasn’t sure what type of watercolor to use. I wanted to make a rainbow, and the best option was my Faber Castel Watercolor pencils. Plus, I haven’t used them in forever. But, this is where the card went wrong…
I added the pencils pretty heavily. Next, I took some iridescent watercolor ink from Hero Arts and added a little bit to water. I used a wide paint brush to add the water/iridescent ink and activate the color. Unfortunately, the pencils covered up the sentiment too much. I decided to try to re-stamp the sentiment, but didn’t really think this through (it’s red rubber, not clear photopolymer). So, of course I stamped it with Versafine Claire Nocturne ink, and of course I was’t able to line it up perfectly. I decided to heat emboss it any way. And, I kinda like the trippy outcome.
You can see some of the shimmer in this picture. The iridescent ink has so much shimmer!
I happened to stamp and color some of the unicorns from Stamping Bella (practicing Copic coloring again). I thought this Unicorn, with the butterfly, worked well with this sentiment. I used the matching die to cut out some fun foam, ran the unicorn through my Xyron sticker maker, and stuck them together. Then I added the unicorn to my card panel with liquid adhesive.
I used some black fun foam to add the panel to a Hero Arts Pitch Black card base. I also added a panel of white cardstock to the inside of the card.
I thought this card turned out so cute! It’s been awhile since I played around with the unicorns and other critters. I need to get back to my roots :).
Thanks for stopping by!