Challenges · Making Cards

May All Your Dreams Come True- Pinkfresh Studio

May all your dreams come true. Do you think that’s a good sentiment for a birthday card? I thought it was! A little different, but sweet.

Today’s card is meant for my daughter’s best friend and roommate. It was inspired by Pinkfresh Studio’s August challenge, Stitching.

Here is the inspiration image:

I was extremely lucky, and was the random winner of July’s challenge! I used my reward to purchase the set I used for today’s card. I struggled with what to buy, whether to be “responsible,” and buy something basic, like frame dies. Or, buy something pretty, lol. I went some what in between, and grabbed the Floral Elements set. I love the delicate, thin line of the images, and it’s a bit practical with all of the options the different image sizes and shapes afford.

Back to the challenge, here is my card:

I did what I normally do with a set like this, and stamped all of the images, using Gina K Black Amalgam ink. Then, I colored the all of the images with a selection of Copic markes. I unintentionally used the challenge colors. I just thought the pastel color pallet would look good with these images, and have a vintage feel.

Once I had all of the images colored, I die cut them all. Then I worked on the layout for the card. I knew I was going to use my Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle stacking dies to make a frame, I just needed to decide on the size. Once I settled on a size, I die cut the frame from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock.

Next up was the base panel color. I tested several colors, and decided on MFT’s Tickled Pink. I trimmed a panel down with the largest stitched rectangle die. Then I placed everything in my MISTI to figure out where to stamp the sentiment.

Once I figured out the sentiment placement, I removed all the pieces except the pink panel, prepped it with my anti static tool, and stamped the sentiment from Pinkfresh Studios Magical Unicorn with Versamark ink. I heat embossed the sentiment using Wow Opaque White detail embossing powder.

Now to assemble the card. I added the frame with foam tape, then layered the flower swag and images. I tucked more foam tape under the images hanging off the frame. Right around here is where I realized I stamped the sentiment too high. I struggled with how to fix it for about 15 minutes, and settled with tucking the extra flower image underneath it. Not exactly what I had planned, but at least it doesn’t have a weird looking space.

I finished the card up with a Neenah card base, and clear Wink of Stella on the flowers.

Such a sweet card, and really not that long of a project. Even if you count the coloring, it wasn’t that long.

Thanks for stopping by!

Nicole

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s