How great is this? A SSS challenge that perfectly matches my latest obsession! And I had all those great backgrounds! So, of course I have more than one card. You can actually enter 5 cards into the challenge.
My first card features one of the backgrounds I made with the August add on background stamp.
I colored the planet balloons and little girl with Copic markers. I fussy cut the girl out so that she wouldn’t have the white border around her hand. It made it look more like she was holding the balloon strings.
I stamped one of the cloud images with Versamark ink and heat embossed it in silver. I wanted to have something to anchor the girl. I heat embossed the sentiment in white, and adhered it to the background with foam tape. The balloons and girl and cloud were also adhered with foam tape. Lucy’s Cards jewels in Blueberry finish off the card as well as a white card base.
My second card also has the background made with the background stamp.
I started off strong with this card, but started to get sick towards the end and I’m still not happy with how the sentiment ended up. I actually stamped and embossed the sentiment in the background, which was a mistake. The embossing on the background sort of messed it up. Also, I realized that there was one star and maybe I should have used a different sentiment… I tried stamping something else on navy cardstock and covering it, but it was too big. So I stamped the sentiment on vellum and embossed it in silver. I ripped it off at one point (there is a little rip under that jewel). This was around the time I started thinking I should go to bed, but stubborn me HAD to finish this card…
The image of the little boy on the moon was stamped with Versamark on Gina K. in the Navy cardstock and embossed in silver. The die cut doesn’t cut out the fishing line included on the image, so I stamped it again and fussy cut it. I stamped the clouds and star on vellum with Versamark and embossed them in silver, then die cut them. The clouds were adhered flat to the background, while the little boy and star are adhered with foam tape (clear foam tape on the star). More Lucy’s Cards Blueberry jewels finish this card too. Everything was adhered to a white card base.
My last card features the My Monthly Hero May 2017 kit. When I was playing around with the August kit’s ink sprays I decided to play with the ink that accompanied the May kit (I’ve never used it before).
I used some watercolor paper and covered it with water. Then I dropped drops of the May ink in the water. Once I got the saturation I wanted, I dried the paper with my heat gun. Then I sprayed the blue and white sprays.
For this card I cut a smaller rectangle out of the watercolor panel and adhered it to a white, scallop cut panel. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx black ink first and heat embossed it with clear powder.
I had colored the mermaid and fish images previously (for the Daily Markers’ 30 day challenge). I adhered the images with foam tape. I cut the seaweed out of one of my Distress Oxide ink smooshed backgrounds and another out of the panel I covered with the blue and white ink sprays. These were adhered with Rangers Multi-Matte Medium. I used some Lucy’s Cards Ice Cube jewels for the water bubbles, and Silver Confetti Sequins finished the card. I adhered all of this to a light blue card base.
By the way, Hero Arts sent me a replacement blue ink and it’s great, none of the issues I had with the original bottle. They were super great about fixing the problems with the spray, got it out in the mail right away! Still wish I knew who makes the ink so I could buy more when I run out. I know I will run out!
Those are my three cards for the Simon Challenge this week! Maybe now I’ve gotten this Hero Arts bug out of my head.
Thanks for stopping by!