Tutorial

Acetate Card with Hero Arts Nesting Clouds

This is the post I have been procrastinating and promising you guys. I finally got around to attempting the design that has been running through my head since I ordered these dies. It didn’t go quiet as planned, as usual.

I started out die cutting the biggest cloud from Neenah Solar White cardstock, 4 times.

My original plan was to wrap the biggest cloud around the left side of the card, as I did with the circles. These dies are asymmetrical, so I could not fold it over the card and have it line up on the back side. I also wanted to mix up the cardstock a bit. So I decided to cut out the biggest cloud in vellum, and then use the next size down.

My next step was to adhere the clouds to the acetate card. I adhered the clouds to the front first, and used the front to line up the rest. I used Be Creative double sided tape, and quiet a bit at first. I used a pencil line on the back to help me line it up with the side of the card. And so I wouldn’t put tape where I didn’t need it.  That’s a lot of tape :)!

IMG_2253

For the inside front panel, I just lined it up with the existing cloud. I had to cut it down, to match the front. Then I used the same removable adhesive trick I used on the circle card. I put the double sided tape on the side I needed to adhere to the acetate, then removable adhesive on the opposite side. Then I pulled off the release tape from the double sided tape,  “stuck” the removable adhesive to the cloud already in place on the opposite card panel, and carefully closed the card, pressing down on the double sided tape.

Once I had the cloud in place, I rubbed off the removable adhesive with my finger.

I added a couple of smaller clouds to fill in some empty space on the front (and the inside and back…). I layered some in silver glitter paper on the front, but just white on the other panels. I also layered in a blue cloud, and wrapped this one around the back, because I didn’t like that you could see the cut cardstock on the fold of the card.

I used my stamp tool to stamp “Just Hatched,” on the front, and added a little baby dragon in a cracked egg. The sentiment and baby dragon are from Clearly Besotted Hot Stuff.

 

I stamped “Congratulations,” on the inside, from Simon Says Stamps’ Floral Bliss.

I like the way it turned out, even though it wasn’t as planned. It’s still super cute and unique. I wish pictures could do these cards justice. Especially when you are trying to sell them, and all you have are flat pictures. Oh well.

I have some Stamping Bella Unicorns coming up next. They are some of my favorite to color and my go to, when I find my self in a creative slump like I was this weekend. I paired them with some spunky sentiments from Simon Says Stamps’ CZ Designs Simple Sentiments.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s